The Riyadh Metro is widely recognised as one of the largest and most exciting civil engineering projects in the World at present. You will join the claims team working for the lead consortium on a $10 Bn contract for delivering 2 of the 6 lines for the Metro project.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role will be specifically within the Claims Team on this project. You will report to the Project Claims Manager and Commercial Manager with typical duties including:
Management and administration of a procedures for the prompt identification of claims and potential claims for additional time and/or money due under the Project’s contracts;
Providing assistance to Senior Claims staff in the preparation, evaluation and/or assessment of claims and potential claims;
Assistance with pricing, valuation and/or estimation of the components of Claims and/or Variations etc. including the measurement of works;
Dealing and administering all relevant claims, commercial and/or contractual related correspondence;
Assistance with the preparation of reports, spreadsheets, presentations or claim valuations etc.
Management and maintenance of a database of all claims and potential claims.
Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in pricing, valuation of works, contract administration, negotiation of Variations and contractual correspondence etc. This does not necessarily have to be in a claims specific role
- Knowledge of construction contracts and terms, contract law and planning/scheduling is preferable;
- Experience of working for globally reputable employers who work to market leading systems and procedures is desired; Ideally main contractors.
- Proven IT skills and high quality written and oral presentation skills in English.
- A degree (or similar equivalent) in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or another relevant subject is essential
- Membership to a professional body such as the CIArb or RICS would be an advantage but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. They have an excellent team of staff already assigned to this project and the successful candidate will benefit from working with leading industry professionals within project delivery and claims.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Circa £6,000 - £8,000 per month (DOE) - Tax Free
- Accommodation provided (On a secure compound)
- 11 Day Fortnight working week
- Generous leave entitlement (Rotation Basis)
- 28 Working Days Holiday (on top of the above)
- All local Public holiday off (Circa 12 days a year)
- Private healthcare
- Other benefits