Claims ConsultantRef MAX8626 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region North and Scotland Location Warrington, Cheshire Salary Circa £36k - £48k (DOE) Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 13/02/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
A Claims Consultant role exists with a market leading claims and disputes consultancy, based out of their Warrington, Cheshire office.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for claims based work who has ideally had some previous exposure to such work as Quantity Surveyor with a main contractor or consultancy. Due to our clients focus on heavy civils and off shore projects, they are specifically looking for candidates with exposure to such projects such as (but not limited to) marines, ports, land reclamation, dredging, oil and gas, power station and projects with complex M&E packages.
This business unit of the hiring company specialise in projects within the heavy civils sector. Such as (But not limited to):
- Land Reclamation
- Off shore oil and gas
Projects will likely be based in the North of England, Scotland or overseas. Therefore giving candidates some great opportunities to be involved in claims and general commercial management on major projects both domestically and overseas.
Responsibilities and Duties
The hiring company carry out a range of consultancy services to their clients that focus around claims and disputes (including expert witness) and general commercial management. As Claims Consultant you will have the opportunity to work on a range of project assignments. This could be independently or as part of a team of Consultants depending on the scale of the assignment.
Typical duties will include:
- Assist on live project claims on major UK and international engineering projects
- Quantum assessment
- High level claim report writing
- Assist in the management of contract termination
- Cost and Damages analysis
- Dispute resolution and mediation assistance
- Working on claim submissions and claim defence on behalf of clients and senior staff members
- Attend client meetings with the claims manager when necessary
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in the heavy civils or oil and gas sectors or similar is essential
- Should ideally be working at intermediate or project Quantity Surveyor level or above
- Must have the ability to manage their own projects of reasonable value from start through to final accounts, or handle significant package values as part of a large commercial team on major projects
- Exposure to claims related tasks as a Quantity Surveyor. Either independently or assisting a senior member of the team
- Must have excellent writing skills
- A genuine desire to specialise in a claims and disputes related career
- Degree qualified or similar equivalent
- Ideally be working towards or have a passion for going on to complete further qualifications such as MSc / LLM in Law and Arbitration or similar
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS would be advantageous but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leading consultancy best known for their expertise in claims and disputes. They have offices throughout the World and can offer suitable candidates fantastic career opportunities and involvement on major projects both domestically and internationally. This role would suit any exceptional Quantity Surveyors with relevant project experience, looking to start a career in claims and disputes.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£36k – 48k (DOE)
+ Benefits Package
- Delay Analyst Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £55k - £75k (DOE)
- Quantum Expert Warrington, Cheshire - Negotiable Salary & Package + Bonus
- Delay Expert Warrington, Cheshire - Negotiable Salary & Package + Bonus
- Quantum Claims Consultant Dubai, UAE - 38K – 45K AED p/m all in salary
- Managing Delay Consultant East Birmingham - £65k - £75k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend