Claims Engineer or Claims QS
Are you looking to change construction industry sectors? A highly regarded claims and disputes consultancy is looking to hire a competent, self motivated and progressive Claims Engineer or Claims QS with some previous claims experience to join their Hong Kong team. They can provide excellent training and offer a competitive salary package.
Handle claims for main contractor clients in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify time and cost events affecting the construction process
- Research and draft claim documents
- Draft correspondence related to delays and additional costs
- Liaise with the project team to ensure that the necessary records are kept.
- Work independently and as part of a team when required
- Ensure a professional attitude when dealing with clients
- Research and produce claims correspondence and submissions to the clients
- Act as advisory body regarding matters relevant to construction claims which will include dispute avoidance and construction contracts administration.
- Assist civil engineering contracting client on dispute resolution matters for their large scale civil and building projects
- Provide support to contractor in client negotiations
- Act in a supporting role assisting with the interpretation and preparation of claims strategies
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with major contractors (build or civils contractor) as a Quantity Surveyor or Engineer
- Some previous experience in preparing claims or undertaking compensating events/ extension of time/ variation/ pricing of extra work/ negotiation
- Strong communication skills verbal and written in English.
- Ability to work independently
- Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Candidates should ideally be on the verge of obtaining chartership in their respective field
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Embark on an exciting and rewarding construction careers path with our client, a highly regarded construction claims and dispute resolution consultancy in Hong Kong. They have a strong portfolio of clients and can offer excellent long term career growth.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Long term employment with excellent career path
- Group health insurance
- Study reimbursement scheme: the company encourage employee to take further claims related education, such as Post Graduate diploma in Dispute Resolution/ Construction Law and Arbitration. The cost of education can be reimbursed fully.