Claims Engineer or QSRef MAX9094 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Sheung Wan, Hong Kong Salary HK$40-HK$60K Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 26/02/2021 Status Live
A highly regarded claims and disputes consultancy is looking for a Claims Engineer or Claims QS with some previous claims experience to join their team. They can provide excellent training and offer a competitive salary package.
Handle claims for main contractor clients in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify time and cost events affecting the construction process
- Research and draft claim documents
- Draft correspondence related to delays and additional costs
- Liaise with the project team to ensure that the necessary records are kept.
- Work independently and as part of a team when required
- Ensure a professional attitude when dealing with clients
- Research and produce claims correspondence and submissions to the clients
- Act as advisory body regarding matters relevant to construction claims which will include dispute avoidance and construction contracts administration.
- Assist civil engineering contracting client on dispute resolution matters for their large scale civil and building projects
- Provide support to contractor in client negotiations
- Act in a supporting role assisting with the interpretation and preparation of claims strategies
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with major contractors (build or civils contractor) as a Quantity Surveyor or Engineer
- Some previous experience in preparing claims or undertaking compensating events/ extension of time/ variation/ pricing of extra work/ negotiation
- Strong communication skills verbal and written in English.
- Ability to work independently
- Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Candidates should ideally nearly chartered in their chosen field
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Highly regarded construction claims and dispute resolution consultancy in Hong Kong that has a strong portfolio of clients and can offer excellent long term career growth.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Long term employment with excellent career path
- Group health insurance
- Study reimbursement scheme: the company encourage employee to take further claims related education, such as Post Graduate diploma in Dispute Resolution/ Construction Law and Arbitration. The cost of education can be reimbursed fully.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend