A Planner is required to join a market leading construction claims consultancy in their growing central London office. A key element of your role will be delay analysis on behalf of key clients, so you should have a motive to specialise in the construction claims sector as a claims planner / delay analyst, if you haven't already.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role will be to support first class claims services that the consultancy provides to blue chip clients in the UK construction industry. You will use your planning and programming skills to assess major and minor claims on construction projects using relevant programmes for delay analysis. The successful candidate will be an industry practitioner and specialise in construction planning, with live project experience. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to apply their live project experience to this niche forensic and claims area.
Specific duties may include:
- Undergo Delay Analysis on complex claims and disputes
- Assist with or manage extension of time claims
- Preparation and defence of complex claims
- Assessing delay and disruption damages
- Work within a strong team of established claims and dispute professionals in the office
- Provide a first class service to regular blue chip clients and smaller clients when necessary
- Utilise relevant planning software (i.e. Primavera / Asta etc)
- Client meetings
- Writing claim reports
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven track record in programme management / planning on construction projects
- Some experience of delay analysis is preferred but not essential
- Experience of building programmes for extensions of time is preferred or ability to do so
- Degree qualified in construction management or engineering is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading construction claims specialist company that work on construction projects in various sectors. They predominantly work by providing their expertise to clients in regards to major and minor claims, as well as providing advice over the life cycle of a project as consultants. Headed up by Directors with experience of working for some of the most reputable brands in the business, they retain much of their work from previous engagements and maintain an excellent reputation in the market place. Working on projects across numerous locations, they provide great project exposure and an opportunity to learn from the best in the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package including payment of extra qualification courses in Construction Law or similar. They also offer a discretionary bonus each year, along with a health and pension scheme.