Claims Quantity Surveyor
A leading Claims, Dispute Avoidance and Expert Witness consultancy are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their strong team in their office in Sheffield. The ideal candidate will be a Quantity Surveyor with site based experience and a well rounded knowledge of the Quantity Surveying role who has an interest in specializing in construction disputes.
Previous claims & disputes experience is not required as full training and support in this field will be given. The transition from Quantity Surveying to Claims work is thought to be relatively simple for Quantity Surveyor's who fully understand Cost Plans and Variations and are able to look at these at a highly analytical level. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from the best in the business whilst being exposed to exciting claims and disputes on a variety of projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role available is to work as a Consultant within the business providing support to a Senior Consultant or Director on claims & disputes in the construction market. A large amount of your time will be spent analysing documents at an expert level and assessing any grounds for negligence or unreasonable pricings and reporting these findings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of typical Quantity Surveying duties including cost plans and variations is essential
- Experience of working on site for either a Contractor or Consultancy in construction
- Some knowledge of claims & disputes work would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided
- All sector experience in considered due to variety of works
- Willingness to learn
- Eager to work as a claims professional
- Knowledge of the NEC contract is preferable
- Qualified to degree level or similar equivalent is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent is strongly desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading claims and disputes company that operates in the claims, dispute avoidance, and expert witness sectors of construction. They employ Quantum and Time staff at all levels and work on behalf of clients of a varying nature as construction dispute specialists.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offers a competitive salary as well as coverage of fees for further qualifications in Construction Law.