Clerk of Works
A MICWCI-qualified Clerk of Works is required to work for a successful construction Consultancy. You will be based from home and will be responsible for inspecting and reporting on sites around Oxfordshire, Warwickshire, and Buckinghamshire.
Applications from Chartered Members of the Institute of Clerk of Works and Construction Inspectorate ICWIC are highly welcome.
As Clerk of Works, you will need to demonstrate an ability in undertaking instructions of building works in progress on new build residential sites.
Successful Clerk of Works candidate will need to be confident in liaising with Building Contractors and preparing detailed reports for Employer’s Agents and Project Management.
A Clerk of Works job to cover the Essex and East London area and suitable candidates for this exciting job will ideally live within the Essex/ East London area.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Verifying compliance with contractual drawings, warranty standards and employer’s requirements
- Preparing written reports with supporting photographs to a high standard and submit in a timely way
- Completing regular inspections to record any defects identified throughout construction which become apparent after completion of works. Ensure these are communicated and escalated to the appropriate person as identified within the contract.
- Organising snagging and end of defect inspections with the client
- Maintaining a good client relationship throughout
- Keeping yourself up to date with building regulations and compliance
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Good knowledge of current Building Regulations and Warranty provider standards etc.
- Thorough in reporting processes and escalating potential issues at the appropriate time.
- Attention to detail / inquisitive nature.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office 360 e.g. Word, Outlook & Excel.
- Experience in passive fire safety and re - cladding projects is desirable.
- Experience in new build high rise developments would be ideal.
- Experience in using tablet based digital inspection software.
- Membership of the Institute of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate GB.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, committed to providing high-quality cost-effective solutions that exceed client expectations.
The vision of this employer is to be identified as a trusted client advisor, national in reach, local in service and selected for their quality and expertise in the build environment.
They pride themselves in reliable personal service, provided by motivated, professional technical experts.
They reward their hard-working staff with benefits and are keen to get you working towards professional qualifications.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Discretionary bonus
- Excellent contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Reimbursement of business travel expenses
- Professional membership fees paid
- Based from home/hybrid working
- Generous holiday allowance with option to take extra leave and carry over unused leave.