Clerk of Works
A new, exciting Clerk of Works vacancy to work for a successful QS and PM Consultancy. You will be responsible for inspecting and reporting on residential projects all over London. Applications from Chartered Members of the Institute of Clerk of Works and Construction Inspectorate ICWIC are highly welcome.
A Clerk of Works is needed to inspect a number of ongoing residential projects all over London. The clients will include housing associations, private developers, and local authorities. You would be joining a small team of Clerk of Works to assist with cladding/recladding programme on bulk residential properties. Working week will involve 4 days on site and 1 day at home to write up reports. There usually will be 2 site visits per day.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of a Clerk of Works will include, but not be limited to:
- Overseeing residential building works for allocated sites to ensure quality, safety, and timely completion of project deliverables.
- Making sure assurance requirements are met based on regulatory compliance and the employer’s requirements.
- Completing inspections to record any defects identified throughout construction which become apparent after completion of works. Ensure these are communicated and escalated to the appropriate person as identified within the contract.
- You will keep yourself up to date with building regulations and compliance.
- You will demonstrate a good understanding of the building and housing industry, have a basic technical and construction awareness and competence, and be able to show a good working knowledge of materials, trades, methods, and legal requirements.
- You will have to prepare written reports with supporting photographs to a high standard and submit in timely way.
- You will organise snagging and end of defect inspections with the client.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a Clerk of Works, Quality Manager, Site manager or in a Building Quality Assurance role
- Previous experience of inspecting residential projects
- Experience of writing professional reports to a high standard
- Good understanding of the industry best practices, processes, and standards
- Good up to date technical knowledge and the ability to read construction drawings
- Having an organised and methodical approach to work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure and calm and professional manner
- IT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
- Clerk of Works ICWIC accredited / accreditation is highly desirable
- Other designations such CIOB, CABE, RICS, IFE will also be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a successful quantity surveying, property, and civil engineering infrastructure consultancy, that provides professional services to the property and construction industry.
With 200 professional and administrative staff, they maintain an open work environment that promotes a collective responsibility to consistently deliver professional products and services. This client employer encourages and supports training and professional qualifications and rewards employee endeavour and innovation.
They aim to attract and support the right people and to empower them to achieve their potential through continued professional development and great opportunities. There are real and exciting opportunities for those looking to make significant contribution to the organisation.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary £42-46k Negotiable based on previous experience
- Life Insurance