Clerk of Works
A new Clerk of Works/Quality Control Inspector role with an exciting construction consultancy to carry out inspections around Greater London region. Some of the work will include affordable housing developments
Applications from Chartered Members of the Institute of Clerk of Works and Construction Inspectorate ICWIC are highly welcome.
The main responsibility of a Clerk of Works will be to undertake regular inspections of construction work, such as residential developments to monitor progress and quality, verifying compliance with contractual drawings.
Projects will largely be new build and refurbishment projects and there is strong emphasis within this role towards projects in the residential sector.
Suitable Clerk of Works candidate will be creative, and collaborative and will work well with the construction and project team. Also, keen eye for detail and document / drawing review is a must to highlight areas of concern at an early stage so they can be investigated to improve reliability in build and end product.
The successful candidate will hold a full, clean driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of a Clerk of Works will include, but not be limited to:
- Overseeing buildings works for allocated sites to ensure quality, safety, and timely completion of project deliverables.
- Making sure assurance requirements are met based on regulatory compliance and the employer’s requirements.
- Complete inspections to record any defects identified throughout construction which become apparent after completion of works. Ensure these are communicated and escalated to the appropriate person as identified within the contract.
- You will keep yourself up to date with building regulations and compliance.
- You will demonstrate a good understanding of the building and housing industry, have a basic technical and construction awareness and competence, and be able to show a good working knowledge of materials, trades, methods, and legal requirements.
- You will have to prepare written reports with supporting photographs to a high standard and submit in timely way.
- You will organise snagging and end of defect inspections with the client.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of different construction methods, materials and building regulations, fire safety measures and installation
- Previous experience as a Clerk of Works, Quality Manager, Site Manager or in a building quality assurance role either at intermediate of more experienced level
- Keen eye for detail and document / drawing review
- Previous experience of inspecting residential projects
- Good knowledge or building regulations and the ability to read construction drawings
- Great team player
- IT literate is essential, with a high level of proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
- Report writing skills
- A driving license required.
- Clerk of Works ICWIC accredited / accreditation is highly desirable
- Other designations such CIOB, CABE, RICS, IFE will also be considered
- A formal qualification in construction, engineering or project management would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is an interdisciplinary construction consultancy offering any combination of Quantity Surveying, Architectural, Building Surveying, Project Management, and Quality Control Inspection services.
They provide modern services, in the residential and regeneration/mixed use sectors for registered providers, local authorities and house builders.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £45 - £55k Basic Salary (Negotiable dependent upon experience)
- Further benefits – confirmed with suitable candidates