Clerk of Works
A Clerk of Works is needed to join a busy Chartered QS and PM practice based in South Leicestershire with ongoing long term client work in and around Milton Keynes, Luton and the Bedfordshire area.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out site inspections across multiple projects, largely within the residential sector and providing a short report.
The hiring company are looking for a knowledgeable construction professional familiar with construction technology and modern methods of construction, to inspect sites across the Milton Keynes, Luton and Bedfordshire areas.
The hiring company is looking for candidates to carry out the role on a permanent employee basis.
Projects will largely be new build and refurbishment projects and there is strong emphasis within this role towards projects in the residential sector.
The majority of projects will be within the Milton Keynes, , Luton and Bedfordshire areas.
Responsibilities and Duties
Note: There is flexibility for candidates to fulfill this role working from home, visiting the office in South Leicester for meetings once every few weeks.
Duties will include:
- Regular site visits – based either in the Midlands or Milton Keynes, Luton and Bedfordshire areas.
- Inspecting contractors work based on specifications, plans, building regulations etc
- Report writing
- Snagging inspections
- Identifying and reporting a defects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledgeable construction professional with experience in a similar role previously. This could include clerk or works, building control / warranty inspector or site manager
- Ideally you will have previous experience of working in the residential sector
- Good knowledge or building regulations and the ability to read construction drawings
- IT literate
- Report writing skills
- CSCS Card or similar
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a successful, busy Chartered QS and PM practice based in the South of Leicester, just off the A6. They have an enviable workload of projects resuming as the lockdown ends and suitable social distancing measures for the construction industry are introduced.
They are a sociable office who work closely together and have a collaborative working environment and are fully focussed on supporting employees with career development, further education, training and professional memberships.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary and benefits are negotiable dependant on the basis of employment
Circa £30k - £40k Basic salary
+ Business mileage paid on travel