Clerk of WorksRef MAX8973 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region South East England Location Luton, Bedfordshire Salary Circa £30k - £40k pa Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 18/01/2021 Status Live
A Clerk of Works is required to work for a successful QS and PM Consultancy. You will be based from home and will be responsible for inspecting and reporting on sites in the South of the UK., including Essex, Kent, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out site inspections across multiple projects, largely within the residential sector and providing a short report.
The hiring company are looking for a knowledgeable construction professional familiar with construction technology and modern methods of construction, to inspect sites across the southern region of the UK.
The hiring company is looking for candidates to carry out the role on a permanent PAYE basis only.
Projects will largely be new build and refurbishment projects and there is strong emphasis within this role towards projects in the residential sector.
The business deals projects nationwide, but are specifically looking to hire a Clerk of Works who can manage sites in the Southern region. You will work alongside 4 Clerk of Works, who will share sites dependant on location and capacity.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Regular site visits – based largely in the south of the UK (including, but not exclusive to Essex, Kent, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire)
- Inspecting contractors work based on specifications, plans, building regulations etc
- Report writing – This is includes the uploading of photo’s
- Snagging inspections
- Identifying and reporting a defects
- Client facing responsibilities to a demanding client
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledgeable construction professional with experience in a similar role previously. This could include clerk or works, building control / warranty inspector or site manager
- Ideally you will have previous experience of working in the residential sector
- Good knowledge or building regulations and the ability to read construction drawings
- IT literate is essential
- Report writing skills (You may be asked to provide evidence of this as part of the interview process)
- Strong client facing skills are required to fulfil this role and previous demonstrable experience of this would be advantageous.
- CSCS Card or similar
- A formal qualification in construction, engineering or project management would be advantageous, but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a successful, busy Chartered QS and PM practice based in the South of Leicester, just off the A6. They have an enviable order book for the foreseeable future, and have experienced impressive growth in the last 12-18 months, rising from 7 to 21 members of staff. Their portfolio of clients and projects has been largely unaffected by the Covid-19 restrictions.
They are a sociable office who work closely together and have a collaborative working environment and are fully focussed on supporting employees with career development, further education, training and professional memberships.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £36k - £40k Basic salary
+ Business mileage paid on travel (12p per mile)
+ Company Vehicle
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend