Clerk of Works
A new, exciting Clerk of Works vacancy to work for a successful QS and PM Consultancy. You will be responsible for inspecting and reporting on residential projects all over Yorkshire.
Your employer is a market leading professional quantity surveying and project management consultancy that has a fantastic reputation providing long term Clerk of Works services to social housing providers that want the highest standards of construction from their housebuilding contractors and supply chain.
Applications from Chartered Members of the Institute of Clerk of Works and Construction Inspectorate ICWIC are highly welcome.
The main responsibility of a Clerk of Works will be to undertake regular inspections of construction work, such as residential developments to monitor progress and quality, verifying compliance with contractual drawings.
Projects will largely be new build and refurbishment projects and there is strong emphasis within this role towards projects in the residential sector.
The business deals projects nationwide but are specifically looking to hire a Clerk of Works who can manage sites around Yorkshire area. Ideal candidate will be located around York, Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford and surrounding areas.
The hiring company is looking for candidates to carry out the role on a permanent PAYE basis only.
Driving license for this role is essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties of this Clerk of Works, Building Inspector will include:
- Overseeing residential building works for allocated sites to ensure quality, safety, and timely completion of project deliverables.
- Making sure assurance requirements are met based on regulatory compliance and the employer’s requirements.
- Completing inspections to record any defects identified throughout construction which become apparent after completion of works. Ensure these are communicated and escalated to the appropriate person as identified within the contract.
- You will keep yourself up to date with building regulations and compliance.
- You will demonstrate a good understanding of the building and housing industry, have a basic technical and construction awareness and competence, and be able to show a good working knowledge of materials, trades, methods, and legal requirements.
- You will have to prepare written reports to a high standard and submit in timely way.
- You will organise snagging and end of defect inspections with the client.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledgeable construction professional with experience in a similar role previously. This could include Clerk or Works, Employers Agent, Site Inspector, Quality Control Inspector, Building Control / Warranty Inspector or site manager
- It is estimated that at least 5+ years of relevant experience will have been previously gained in order to be able to work as a Clerk of Works that can work fully independently and competently in this role. Additional years of experience are also very welcome
- Experience of writing professional reports to a high standard
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent up to date technical knowledge
- Good organisation skills to be able to organise and prioritise your workload
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Capable of working under your own initiative and as part of the group
- Ability to work under pressure
- A great work ethic and enthusiasm towards developing your career, making sure that your knowledge is relevant and up to date
- Clerk of Works ICWIC accredited / accreditation is highly desirable
- A formal qualification in construction, engineering or project management would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Clerk of Works candidate will join an established and growing cost consultancy and project management Chartered Quantity Surveying practice with offices in Leicestershire and Nottingham.
Operating in counties including Bedfordshire, Leicestershire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Kent, Yorkshire, they are growing fast and have a full order book of social housing, housing, student accommodation, healthcare and other building related work to undertake for clients for years to come.
They are a sociable office who work closely together and have a collaborative working environment and are fully focussed on supporting employees with career development, further education, training and professional memberships.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £40k - £45k Basic salary
- Company Car + Mileage paid
- iPhone and Laptop
- Discretionary Bonus