Clerk of Works Team Leader
A new opportunity for a Senior Clerk of Works to join a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy as a Clerk of Works Team Leader. Clerk of Works Team Leader will be responsible for a small team of Clerk of Works and inspecting new build projects around Hertfordshire area.
This is a home-based role, with regular travel to sites around Hertfordshire as required.
Applications from Chartered Members of the Institute of Clerk of Works and Construction Inspectorate ICWIC are highly welcome (other professional bodies also desirable).
The role of Clerk of Works Team Leader will be to oversee the work of others including professionally qualified members of the team and be responsible for the work of several Clients. The successful Clerk of Works Team Leader candidate will have diverse and extensive range of experience.
This role would suit a Senior Clerk of Works looking to take the next step in their career and take on the challenges of managing their own. The successful Clerk of Works candidate would initially be managing a small team of Clerk of Works while performing Clerk of Works duties on their own residential new build projects.
The Clerk of Works Team Leader for this role will be home based, with regular travel to new build residential sites around Hertfordshire as required.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of a Clerk of Works Team Leader will include:
- Overseeing residential building works for allocated sites to ensure quality, safety, and timely completion of project deliverables.
- General Clerk of Works duties
- Staff and team management
- Resource management / co-ordination
- Commercial management of projects
- Training / team building
- Business Development
- Client liaison
- Quality Assurance
Desired Skills and Experience
Suitable Clerk of Works Team leader candidate will have:
- In depth knowledge of Building Regulations and Warranty provider standards etc.
- Previous Management experience desirable.
- Great report writing skills, including being confident in reviewing team members reports and escalating potential issues at the appropriate time.
- Attention to detail / inquisitive nature.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Appreciation of commercial aspects of team and project management.
- Confident in business development.
- Enthusiasm towards developing their career.
- IT skills, with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office 360.
- Membership of a professional body such, as MICWCI, MCIOB, MRICS, MCABE is required
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, committed to providing high-quality cost-effective solutions that exceed client expectations. They are able to offer successful Clerk of Works candidate a social office environment, with regular events arranged by sports & social committee such as BBQ’s, days out and Christmas parties etc.
Additionally, they offer great support with professional and career progression including regular training and annual reviews.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £45-48k negotiable based on experience
- Discretionary bonus
- Excellent contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Reimbursement of business travel expenses
- Professional membership fees paid
- Generous holiday allowance with option to take extra leave and carry over unused leave.