Clients Representative / QS
One of the most exciting QS opportunities I've worked on in recent months involves being the Clients' Representative and managing costs on a scheme of 9 projects over 3 different countries.
This exciting new role involves being the Clients' Representative and managing costs on a scheme of 9 projects over 3 different countries. You will work for an end user advising managing a budget of circa £25m on 9 separate commercial properties based in London, California (USA) and Lisbon (Portugal). These are exciting and complex commercial projects designed by a leading architect and containing large offices, restaurants and a gym. You will be mainly based in London, however you will be expected to visit site circa once a months in California.
The hiring company is an end user and has an exciting scheme of work to build 9 commercial premises over 3 countries. 6 premises are based in London, whilst 2 are based in California (USA) and 1 in Lisbon (Portgual). The budget for all 9 projects is circa £25m and each project has been designed by a leading architect. This will be a fast moving role and all 9 projects are expected to be completed within 18 months of starting on site.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will work directly for the client / end user on this project and will manage all the cost for the scheme of work. Your responsibility and purpose will be to ensure that the contractors are sticking within budget of the project and there is a generous bonus attached to this role if the projects can be completed within budget.
You will work closely with the Director of the business and provide regular updates and reports on the progress of the scheme. You will also be involved in advising on the tendering of contractors to carry out the work including tender reviews. Finally you will be responsible for directly managing and approving the contractors progress and costs on the scheme.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as working as a clients representative previously is desired, however not necessarily essential
- Candidates will ideally have a good combination of working for a contractor and a Consultancy or Developer / End User
- Candidates must have strong demonstrable experience in managing costs and successfully working to bring projects to completion within a budget
- Previous experience in commercial office building projects is a strong advantage, however experience on projects across the built environment will be considered
- Candidates will hold a degree or similar equivalent qualification in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS is desired is NOT essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an innovative and rapidly growing business which brings together businesses and entrepreneurs in one environment. They run a number of successful workspaces currently and are looking to expand the scheme throughout the UK and into new markets such as the US. This is a unique and exciting employer offering a fantastic role and salary package to someone who would like to come in and really get behind the end goal of these ambitious plans and manage the cost of construction to the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic Salary = Circa £60k - £80k
+ Generous Bonus Scheme (2% of any savings made on budget)
+ Travel Expenses
+ 25 Days Holiday (Plus time between Xmas & New Year)
+ 40 Hour working week