One of the UK's largest privately owned house builders have opened a new office in Bedford and are recruiting a Commercial Director to work alongside the Managing Director and help grow the business. The successful candidate will need to be a successful Commercial Manager / Director with a history of working in the region between Milton Keynes and Cambridge.
The hiring company have 4 live developments ongoing currently within the region between Milton Keynes and Cambridge.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Commercial Director will report directly to the Managing Director of the Bedford office and be responsible for pre and post contract duties for the office.
Typical Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing Quantity Surveyors on multiple sites
- Handling contractual issues
- Writing contractual letters
- Strong involvement in the tendering and pre contract stage of projects
- Business Development
Desired Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate must have prolonged experience of working in the core region for the business which are Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire & Cambridgeshire.
- Must have strong managerial skills. Ideally you will have worked as a Commercial Director previously, however strong Commercial Managers looking to get into a Director role, will be considered.
- Ideally you will have a strong background for reputable Housing Developers. However experience of working for a Contractor in this region will be considered.
- Have a positive attitude to work with enthusiasm for success
- Must be willing to get hands on when necessary - Strong client facing skills
- Candidates should be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's largest privately owned Housing Developers. With a turnover nearing £250m and new offices such as the Bedford office being opened, this is an exciting role with a highly reputable House Builder experiencing significant growth.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£80k - £125k Salary Package