Commercial Manager (FM)
A Senior Project Quantity Surveyor or Account Commercial Manager with an Facilities Management (FM) background is required to support hard and soft services contracts in Oxford, Oxfordshire. These gross turnover for such services are circa £20m p/a. Due to the range and depth of commercial issues faced, a new post has been created for a full time Commercial Manager to support recovery of contract entitlements and to ensure sound commercial governance and compliance.
The successful candidate will work on site at one of Oxfords major Hospitals where the company are responsible for hard and soft services.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will report into the Commercial Director for the region and working closely day-today with the Operational Lead for the project. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Variation and change management and scope definition
- Procurement and supplier commercial management
- Commercial improvement
- PMS analysis and support
- Risk Management and contractual governance
- Indentifying ways to reduce cost and improve services
- Managing variable costs
- Interacting with the client(s)
Desired Skills and Experience
- A strong FM background with a reputable employer in this field, is desired
- An understanding of PMS regimes and optimisation of performance under and FM contract is required
- Health and PFI experience is preferable but not essential
- Strong client facing skills are required
- Excellent planning and organisational skills will be required to succeed in this role
- Candidates should hold a formal degree qualification or similar equivalent
- Candidates who have achieved membership to a professional body such as the RICS or are workings towards this are desired.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's market leaders in Facilities Management services. They have in excess of 130,000 employees and work with both private and public sector clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £60k
+ Car & Fuel card
+ 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
+ BUPA Health Cover for self & family
+ Pension Plan