Summary of Commercial Manager Job Vacancy -Abu Dhabi
A Commercial Manager is required to lead the commercial and contractual functions for a leading main contractor on a newly awarded hotel project valued at circa £150m in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The successful candidate will take the commercial lead on a £150m hotel project in Abu Dhabi, UAE on behalf of a leading global main contractor.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will report to the Commercial Director of the business and manage a small commercial team on this project. You will be responsible for all day to day commercial and contractual activities on the site.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Managing sub-contractors
- Assessing contractual and commercial risk
- Commercial control from project award to final accounts
- Liaising with the client and the clients representatives on site
- To review and act upon all contractual correspondence for the project. Including upstream and downstream correspondence
- To follow and promote health & safety within the work environment according to company policy
- Regular progress reports to the company's head office based staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have managed multiple large scale projects from award to completion. At least one project in excess of £100m is desired.
- A strong history of working for reputable main contractors is essential.
- Previous Middle Eastern experience is essential
- Previous experience of working on hotel and similar leisure / residential developments is desired
- A CV demonstrating good stability of employment showing clear career progression is essential
- The company's philosophy suits candidates looking to have a long term International career with the company. Therefore candidates ONLY willing to work in the UAE in the long term may not fit the company's ethos.
- A degree or similar equivalent qualification is required
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS would be an advantage but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading European owned main contractor with a strong British / Irish presence in their Commercial department. They are widely regarded as one of the leading main contractors in the World to work for. They are a multi-disciplined main contractor capable of delivering large construction and civil engineering projects and have offices across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Australia, Asia and the Americas.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Circa 30k - 35k AED pm Basic Salary (Depending on Experience)
- Accommodation (or allowance for accommodation)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Other fringe benefits