A Commercial Manager is required to join a construction and civil engineering consultancy in a central Birmingham office. You should have quantity surveying & cost management experience in the rail sector, as you will be providing commercial management services for clients from inception through to project close out on prestigious rail projects in the midlands.
You will be working on exciting projects in the rail sector.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement effective pre and post contract commercial management services aimed at maintaining effective cost control throughout the duration of the delivery programme.
- Undertake pre contract interface with the central procurement team to ensure that there is commercial representation throughout the tender and contract award process.
- To produce and analyse all relevant commercial data for the monthly reporting cycle and to provide accurate cost data in support of annual budget reviews.
- To work with project teams in managing the cost impact and validation of change and to encourage the whole delivery team to strive to deliver value for money.
- Provide detailed periodic financial reports including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Costs, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and current Contract Value.
- Post contract management through to settlement of final accounts and internal reconciliations to facilitate project close out in line with project budgets and project plan.
- Provide relevant cost and contract advice when needed
- Management of Assistant Quantity Surveyors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in all aspects of commercial management on infrastructure related projects - from pre tender stage through to successful contract close out.
- Specific knowledge and experience of pre and post contract commercial services
- An understanding of change, risk and contingency management process
- Specific understanding of the NEC3 and ICE forms of contract
- Management of Assistant Commercial Managers
Membership of the RICS, ICES or similar recognised body is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a major player in construction and civil engineering consultancy services in the UK and wider international market. They have an expanding civils and infrastructure division in the UK and are commonly awarded work on some of the most prestigious projects nationwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic salary and package, inclusive of a car allowance, private health, and pension scheme.