A reputable house building company is looking for a Commercial Manager to work on the pre and post contract stages of multiple luxury developments in the residential sector in and around Central London.
The company typically, buy land, gain planning permission and then build luxury apartment blocks. This can include, complete new build properties as well as large renovations. Projects are typically modern and multi million pound developments.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will commercially manage the companies construction arm of the business. You will report to the Directors of the business, whilst working closely with the Construction Manager and a various other personnel within the business to ensure projects are planned and completed at a reasonable cost and in a timely fashion.
Typical duties include:
- Contract Analysis
- Tender evaluation
- Procurement of sub-contractors & materials
- Assessing methods of procurement
- Managing sub-contractors
- Dealing with contractual issues with sub-contractors
- Valuing work
- Regular cost reports
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within the residential sector as a Senior QS / Commercial Manager is desired. The company will look at candidates with good Commercial Management experience in other sectors.
- Strong pre and post contract experience is required
- Experience of working in the London market previously would be an advantage, but not essential
- Candidates who can demonstrate previous experience of managing multiple projects / sites previously would be desired
- Ability to work well within a small team
Degree or similar equivalent preferred. but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company itself is a relatively new but business working within property development, fronted by 2 Directors with substantial experience in this sector. The company identify land, purchase sites and then have a construction arm of the business that are responsible for building the property whilst sub-contracting out more specialist packages of work within the development.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£60k - £80k + Benefits