Commercial ManagerRef MAX8972 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Kwun Tong, Hong Kong Salary HK$130K - HK$170K /m Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 11/08/2020 Status Live
One of a number of top construction contractor jobs we are recruiting for, this is an excellent opportunity for a talented Commercial Manager with NEC form of contract experience to join a top tier contractor and deliver landmark projects in Hong Kong.
Large scale civil and buildings projects in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the commercial strategy of contracts on multiple projects, working very closely with the senior operations teams to form collaborative approaches while driving performance and minimizing risk to the business.
- Comply and adhere to all matters pertaining to Quality, Safety & Health and Environment related to the job scope and work place as required by the company.
- Develop and manage project commercial strategy;
- Effectively manage risk and opportunities;
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Advising/ensuring contractual compliances requirement, e.g. contractual deliverables, performance bond, insurances.
- Drafting (or review of drafts by others) of contractual correspondence
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliation's and project forecasting.
- Monitor and co-ordinate contractual claims and variation orders
- Provide inputs to help strategize and resolve complex contractual issues.
- Attend project meetings where required.
- Liaison with authorities and/or Government bodies as required
- Supervision and guidance of team members
Desired Skills and Experience
- NEC forms of contract plus 20 years of relevant experience managing the commercial function on major building and civil infrastrucutre projects
- Degree in Quantity bsurveying , Building Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- Member of RICS or HKIS or other recognized professional bodies highly preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a civil construction, engineering and property development business providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction and property industry in Hong Kong and throughout Asia.
From an extensive in country local knowledge and an unwavering focus to deliver on its promises to achieve the best outcomes in safety, cost, quality and time, the group has responsibly diversified to provide civil and build construction services for both stand alone and large scale integrated construction projects, M&E and fit out.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel!
Career development resources, initiatives and tools are provided each step of the way to achieve these desired outcomes. The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been requested to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity. Construction careers dont get any better than this!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and comprehensive benefits are available for the successful candidate.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend