As a Commercial Manager, you will take full responsibility for multiple shop-fitting projects concurrently. The employer is a leading specialist interior contractor with office in Lichfield. The candidates for this role are expected are expected to main Contractor side experience with retail, leisure and fast track fitting out in a similar role.
The projects will be retail fit outs and refurbishments, with values typically from 100k to 1m with duration 3-8 weeks.
Commercial Manager will be responsible for all commercial aspects from producing feasibility costs, tender returns, sub-contractor procurement, project cost reporting and final accounts. Must be able to deliver multiple projects at any one time under framework/ schedule of rates.
The ideal candidate will live close by to the company’s office in Litchfield, Staffordshire.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Commercial Manager duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Must be capable of carrying out most pre and post contract quantity surveying duties without supervision.
- Production of estimates from drawings.
- Ensure that any estimates make adequate provision for both H&S and Environmental compliance.
- Production of Quantities, rates build ups and production of detailed estimates
- Agreeing and placing of sub-contract orders.
- Liaison with Contracts Managers
- Project cost monitoring and reporting.
- Account agreement with sub-contractors and clients.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of Retail, Leisure & Fast Track Fitting Out in a similar role.
- Understanding of construction techniques with a particular reference to carpentry, joinery and finishing trades.
- Be computer literate.
- Professional and pleasant personality
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure and manage the pressure of conflicting demands and prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail
- To work independently as well as in a team
- Be persistent & enthusiastic.
- Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Reliable and honest.
A degree in a construction related field is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Commercial Manager candidate will join an established specialist interior contractor and construction management company. With a strong team of key suppliers and specialist subcontractors this employer is committed to providing the highest quality fit outs backed up by a professional and efficient service every time.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Statutory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (after 12 months services)
- Medical Health (after 12 months service)
- Fully expensed company car commensurate with grade