An experienced Commercial Manager is required to run an portfolio of civil engineering work worth £80m p/a for a highly reputable, leading main contractor based in London & South East. The work comprises AMP6 water frameworks, power infrastructure frameworks, rail, stand alone civil engineering works and some minor related build works. Frameworks are long term and secure.
The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of individual projects within framework agreements under NEC contract worth circa £80m p/a each to the business. These will include utilities, power & infrastructure framework contracts as well as building and civil engineering projects. This is an interesting role offering a unique variety in projects spanning across London & the South East.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Management of staff members
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Contract(s) and as required by the Company
- Prepare / Review commercial reports including Cost Value Reconciliations, month end accounts and cash flows where require
- Analyse Management Accounts and advise Account Managers on strategy for improving Margin
- Support the regional and divisional senior management team, working closely with the operational management to pursue business goals
- Endeavour to ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the project team members for use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variation
- Undertake risk assessments of the Business Unit commercial compliance and commercial performance
- Manage all aspects of subcontract procurement and payment
- Support the tender process and strategy as required
- Provide commercial and financial feedback to the Estimators
- Provide commercial support as required / directed
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will need to be an experienced Commercial Manager or Senior QS capable of managing the delivery of multiple projects / sites at one time.
- Previous experience of using NEC form of contract is essential
- Previous experience of managing framework projects in general civils / utilities projects is strongly desired
- You will need to have a background of working for leading, reputable contractors in the UK market
- A Degree or similar level of formal qualification in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering is desired, but not necessarily essential
- MRICS or equivalent is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A company renowned for being a fantastic employer in the construction industry. They have the values of a family ran business whilst turning over in excess of £250m as a group. They work on a diverse range of projects but are particularly successful within the civils / utility sectors.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£55k - £70k + Car & Fuel Card + Pension + Healthcare