Commercial ManagerRef MAX8764 Job Posted 13/11/2019 Region North and Scotland Location Manchester Salary £70,000 DOE Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A Commercial Manager job is vacant and available with a specialist airport baggage handling contractor. Working within their project operations team, you will provide the professional contract management, procurement and administration skills including NEC / NEC3 proficiency to support the delivery of complex automation system projects into airport environments.
A Commercial Manager job is available at Manchester airport with a specialist airport baggage handling contractor. Working within their project operations team, you will provide the professional contract management, procurement and administration skills including NEC / NEC3 proficiency to support the delivery of complex automation system projects into airport environments. The Commercial Manager will be accountable for contract administration, finance and progress management, project procurement and supply chain activities and commercial risk management.
Responsibilities and Duties
Working within the project operations team of a specialist airport baggage handling contractor at Manchester Airport, you will provide the professional contract management, procurement and administration skills to support the delivery of complex automation system projects into airport environments that include baggage handling BHS systems. Knowledge and experience of NEC and NEC3 contract is very important. The Commercial Manager will be accountable for contract administration, finance and progress management, project procurement and supply chain activities and commercial risk management. In more detail:
The Commercial Manager, with a quantity surveying background, will be accountable for ensuring that projects are controlled and protected from commercial risk.
The role includes contract negotiations with customers and the supply chain, change management, risk management and monthly actual cost compilation and related duties.
- This will include responsibility for the commercial team which may include Quantity Surveyors on multiple sites or sections of work.
- Working within a project delivery environment, you will create effective and good working customer relationships.
- You will be proactive approach towards the management of the Supply Chain whilst maintaining strong partnerships with primary sub-contractors.
- You will be motivated to reach goals within tight timescales and demonstrate perseverance and decisiveness.
- You will be results orientated whilst following industry recognised practices.
- You will encourage good coherent relationships and partnerships with project teams, external suppliers, subcontractors, internal business support
functions and wider stakeholders
Desired Skills and Experience
- Commercial management experience (as a quantity surveyor or in a similar type role) gained from working from start to finish on multiple complex engineering construction projects with values over £5m is essential
- Relevant experience could come from previous baggage handling projects at airports or from complex hospital or parcel sorting type projects. Experience gained on other types of complex, time critical projects with multiple interfaces andd stakeholders will also be relevant.
- Some experience of managing and mentoring junior Quantity Surveyors is highly desirable as is the capability and desire to manage a team of motivated and ambitious junior staff
- Management of the change process through analysis and understanding of scope, quantification (estimating) for claims for compensation events under NEC NEC3 terms – time and cost, early warning etc
- Good understanding of project programmes and schedule delay analysis
- Supplier and subcontractor management experience including pre and post contract work, relationship management, procurement and tendering
- Estimating and record keeping
- Final account preparation experience
- Knowledge and understanding of project accounting to allow ongoing reconciliation of budgets and actual costs with cash flow forecasting.
- Monthly reporting of earned value management
- M&E experience advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of working closely with project managers, project planners and controls teams.
- Previous experience of managing the cost and contractual aspects of Baggage Handling Systems is not required as training on specific unique aspects will be provided.
- Some exposure to an airport construction environment would be advantageous
- Demonstrable MEC3 experience is highly desired.
- Membership of a professional body i.e. RICS, CIOB, ACostE preferred
- A degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or related construction qualification is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a high value specialist contractor working to deliver baggage handling systems for airports and sorting systems for parcel and postal services.
They have UK offices in a number of locations and live project sites in a number of major cities and at a number of national and regional airports including Manchester and Heathrow.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous Basic Salary
- Healthcare/Pension/Life Insurance
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend