Commercial ManagerRef MAX8936 Consultant Steve Thomas Region South East England Location RAF Lakenheath, Suffolk Salary £55k - £65k + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 07/05/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
A Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager is required to work for a leading national construction consultancy who are working on behalf of the client at RAF Lakenheath in Suffolk.
The successful candidate will join a team of staff providing commercial input in administering the contract management plan under the oversight of the commercial lead. You will administer the contract on behalf of the employer and monitor the delivery partners performance on the project.
You will gain exposure to a wide range of civils and building projects as part of a £230m project, using NEC option C contract.
You will be site based at RAF Lakenheath, Suffolk and will work as part of a small team administering the contract on behalf of the employer.
You will potentially have exposure to a particularly diverse range of projects within the £230m scheme, currently being delivered. This includes:
- Heavy Civils (Taxiways, runways, aprons etc)
- Circa 10 x buildings of varied use (ranging from £5m - £35m in value)
The employer is using NEC Option 3 contract with Z clause amendments. Candidates with NEC experience would be particularly appealing.
Responsibilities and Duties
Contract Management and Administration
- Amend and manage contracts and contract changes
- Provide commercial advice and guidance as required
- Ensure all commercial arrangements represent best value for money
- Ensure compliance with regulations and policy as well as commercial best practice
- Early Warnings/Risk Management and Compensation Events
- Undertake effective supplier management
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team including project, technical, finance and specialist staff to deliver customer requirements
- Undertake effective Stakeholder engagements
- Engage Stakeholders on planning and contract administration
- Seek to improve commercial processes and ways of working to make them as efficient and effective as possible
- Manage resources to secure best value for money and best use
- Provide accurate and timely inputs to financial and commercial reporting
- Procurement reviews alongside design reviews
- Monitoring against tender cost constraints
- Liaison with VE/VM activity to understand impact/consequence
Price – Payment/Performance Monitoring
- KPI measurement and reporting
- Payment processing
- Management of Maximum Price Target Cost Contracts
- Cost control
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong contract knowledge and experience is essential
- Successfully worked as the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager on large scale projects.
- Prior experience of using NEC contracts is strongly desired
- Good continuity of employment with a main contractor or consultancy, or a combination of the two
- The ability to follow market leading systems and procedures
- Strong exposure to managing early warning notices / variations and generally carrying out risk management duties
- Some pre contract experience is strongly desired
- Hold a Degree in Quantity Surveying or a similar equivalent qualification
- Membership to a relevant professional body would be advantageous. i.e. RICS, CIOB, ICES
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK’s largest construction companies with offices nationwide. They are capable of providing a range of services including Quantity Surveying and Project Management services, and can work in a variety of roles within projects.
In this instance, they are working directly within the employer’s team at RAF Lakenheath and providing commercial input and contract administration services.
They are widely regarded as one of the largest and best construction companies in the country and will be a fantastic prospect for candidates looking to join a tier 1 employer on large scale projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £55k - £65k Basic Salary
- + Car allowance (Circa £7,000)
- + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- + Additional 3 days holiday for personal / family events and volunteering
- + Business mileage (May include home to site for first 2 years)
- + Pension (Employer contributes 7%)
- + Private Medical Cover
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend