I am currently searching for an experienced Commercial Manager to work for a leading international consultancy in the highways and infrastructure sector, to work out of Tonbridge on an exciting live scheme. You will have experience as a Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor in Earned Value Management, Scheme Finances, and Cost Reporting on large projects. This could be a great opportunity for a Commercial Manager with a Main Contracting background who wants to work for a consultancy organisation, as both Main Contracting and Consultancy backgrounds are considered highly.
You will be the Commercial Manager for the live scheme and hold full Commercial Responsibility on this exciting civil engineering project.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Being responsible for Earned Value Management, Scheme Finances and Cost Reporting on a live scheme
- Management of quantity surveyors, advising and deciding on methods of resolving contractual issues and final account settlements
- To accurately monitor expected performance and return on all projects, compare with budget and report to seniors at regular intervals
- Assisting the placing of purchase orders and sub-contract orders and management of their accounts
- Interfacing with clients in order to maintain good relations and maximise recovery
- Monitoring divisional overhead expenditure and liaison with superiors to provide and monitor performance budgets for the business
Desired Skills and Experience
- A strong commercial management or quantity surveying background is a must, with extensive experience on highways or infrastructural works with a major Contractor or Consultancy
- Prior experience in a management role is preferred, as you may be required to oversee a team of staff.
- You must be computer literate
- A degree/HND level qualification in a relevant field (such as quantity surveying or civil engineering) is highly desirable, but not a strict requirement.
- Chartered member of a professional body is preferred, not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a leading cost consultancy and quantity surveying practice with an unrivaled reputation in major highways, civil engineering, rail, utilities and building projects, both in the UK and overseas. They operate numerous UK offices and work on some of the largest and most exciting projects in the UK, and provide unparalleled exposure to live and exciting schemes. This company are highly renowned in the industry and allow flexibility to their staff when it comes to working from home when required (to a certain extent).
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance (generous figure), health, pension, bonus scheme, and other attractive benefits.