Commercial ManagerRef MAX9009 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Canada Location Toronto, Canada Salary To be Discussed at IV Stage Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 02/10/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
A construction contractor Commercial Manager is needed to join a major rail project in Toronto, Canada. Priority will be given to Canadian candidates or those already with the right to work in Canada
The project in Toronto, Canada is a major rail project, comprising major civil engineering, building and specialist rail elements.
There are a number of years to run on the project which is complex and needs expert commercial and contractual support from a Commercial Manager with a contracting quantity surveying background.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The Commercial Manager will take full commercial responsibility for managing major subcontracts and subcontractor accounts for large sections of construction works to include buildings, civil engineering and specialist rail elements.
- The Commercial Manager will take responsibility for the identification and preparation of construction claims
Desired Skills and Experience
- Priority will be given to applicants that are Canadian or those already with the right to work in Canada
- Experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager in a live contracting environment is essential
- 5-10 years experience of working for a major maincontractor is needed, undertaking subcontractor management and claims preparation work.
- Experience of this type of Senior QS / Commercial Management work throughout the lifecycle of a project would be advantageous to be able to demonstrate how sound management of subcontractors and claims issues results in a successful outcome for your contractor employer.
Priority will be given to applicants that are Canadian or those already with the right to work in Canada
Experience listed above is more important than specific qualifications although MRICS or equivalent and a BSc in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Your employer will be a major international construction organisation.
Full details and company profile will be given to shortlisted Commercial Manager / Project Quantity Surveyors
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend