A Commercial Manager will have the chance to work with a highly reputable, international, Main Contractor in their London office on exciting Civils projects. This role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to potentially be part of HS2.
You will be working on highways and motorways on this NEC project, more specifically the M4 corridor.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To lead a commercial team on a series of projects throughout the London/South East Region
- Developing and managing project commercial strategy;
- Supervising project cash flow and supervision of the submission of interim applications;
- Supervising preparation towards project final accounts.
- Effective management of risk and opportunities;
- Providing contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Managing and checking all contract arrangements to and from the client and sub-contractors.
- Drafting appropriate contract documents and preparing necessary commercial reports;
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Although not essential, previous experience on NEC projects would be beneficial
- Experience in working with large civil engineering projects preferred
- Previous employment with large construction companies beneficial
- A confident communicator with all members of staff; a team player
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar discipline is required
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The client is a leading, global ambassador for the construction industry, with a majority of its capital coming from outside Europe. Renowned for construction excellence, the company employs over 80,000 workers and amasses yearly profits up to 20 billion Euros. The company history includes prolific & innovative engineering and continues to be awarded prestigious projects with the continued expansion of the company.