Commercial Manager / Quantity Surveyor - FM
A Quantity Surveyor with experience at a senior level is required to take up the role of Commercial Manager for the Facilities Management (FM) division of one of the UK's largest and most reputable main contractors based out of their Warwickshire office between Leicester and Coventry.
The successful candidate will act as the commercial lead for the businesses Midlands and South region. You will be responsible for effectively managing the day to day commercial aspects and resources fir the regions in order to ensure the success of the project objectives, to maximise profit, and to ensure the delivery of the company's business plan.
The company offer total FM, Hard F and Lifecycle Services to both public and private sector clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Commercial Manager, you will report directly in to the Commercial Director for Facilities Management and your typical duties and responsibilities will include:
• Maintain and develop the businesses commercial processes and procedures and apply best practice and a continuous improvement approach, to maximise returns in terms of profit.
• Manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
• Establish and maintain robust open and honest reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets.
• Develop a thorough and in-depth understanding of the contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to the projects to ensure that the businesses position is protected.
• Assist the Bid Team in the preparation and pricing of tenders for new work.
• Ensure early identification of business risks in projects throughout the life of the existing and future projects, from pre-contract to close, and ensure that risk management, risk registers and contingencies are in place to manage and minimise the risks.
• Ensure that materials and sub-contract services are procured in an efficient manner with organisations that are capable of carrying out the work and in accordance with best practice, legal requirements and the company's Supply Chain Policy.
• Work with the company's Supply Chain and self-delivery team to promote and measure continuous improvement in the profitability, costs, quality and learning of all parties, whilst fairly allocating risks and rewards.
• Maximise cash flow through the timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
• Manage the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including variations, claims and disputes.
• Manage the production of accurate and timely project financial forecasts for use in setting targets and managing the business.
• Take up a key role in leading negotiations with internal and external clients, customers and /or their consultants with a view to a win-win outcome.
• Lead and manage commercial disputes as the senior commercial lead for the Midlands and South region.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working at a senior level in the construction industry, specifically within Facilities Management
- Have a track record in the management of Hard FM and Lifecycle Services
- Experience in the delivery of Public Private Partnership (PPP) Contracts would be advantageous
- Candidates should be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification
- Professional membership to the RICS or CIOB would be advantageous, although not essential. Evidence that you are working towards such memberships would also advantageous.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's largest and most recognised main contractors. You will work specifically within their Facilities Management division and be responsible for the day to day running of the Midlands and South region for the business. The FM Division of the business has been providing customer focused Facilities and property Management service solutions for over 15 years.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic Salary up to £50,000
+ £5,500 car allowance
+ Bonus (up to 10% of basic salary)
+ Private Medical Cover