Commercial Manager - Rail
Commercial Manager job to work on a number of concurrent rail projects with a leading international infrastructure and civils contractor.
A number of new rail infrastructure jobs have been awarded by clients such as TFL, LUL, DLR and Network Rail. Sites will be based in London and around the Home Counties.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To be the no2 within the rail delivery commercial team on a number of rail projects throughout the London/South East Region
- Developing and managing project commercial strategy;
- Supervising site based Quantity Surveyors and Managing QS to develop and project cash flow forecsts and interim applications for payment;
- Supervising preparation of project final accounts.
- Effective management of risk and opportunities;
- Providing contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Managing and checking all contract arrangements to and from the client and sub-contractors.
- Drafting appropriate contract documents and preparing necessary commercial reports;
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Although not essential, previous experience on NEC projects would be beneficial.
- Experience in working with large rail and civil engineering projects preferred
- Previous employment with large construction companies beneficial
- A confident communicator with all members of staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying is desired as is MRICS or other chartered designation.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading international rail, civils, infrastructure and building contractor. They have a good reputation in the UK, Europe and in the international markets in which they operate.