Construction Delay Analyst Expert
A Construction Delay Analyst Expert job is available based in London with a dynamic and fast growing claims, quantum, delay and dispute consultancy
This is an exciting role, for an experienced planning and delay professional with some experience of testifying as a Delay Expert on construction disputes.
The role will involve a combination of hands on expert work, business development, managing teams and being involved in the strategic decision-making process within the business.
The hiring company offer their services to a global client base, meaning that the disputes that you will be London, UK based but involved in both UK and international cases.
Many assignments will be for major international civil engineering and building construction contractors on projects such as roads, tunnels, bridges, oil rigs, high rise buildings etc.
Work can also be for the insurance industry, where you will be required to demonstrate whther delays in project startup relate to insured events or are caused by other parties.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Construction Delay Analyst Expert you will report directly into the Managing Director of the business and work closely with them to manage the resources within the business to manage the growing demand for their services. You will also be expected to be heavily involved in the development of the business and strive to achieve their ambitious growth plans.
You wil be a fee earning expert on multiple cases and manage a team of junior construction Planners and Delay Analysts staff to assist with the delay analysis relating to each assignment.
Desired Skills and Experience
Suitable Candidates will:
- Currently be working for a specialist construction claims and / or disputes consultancy in a Delay Analyst or Delay Expert role
- Have testified as a Delay expert on one or more occasion
- Have a strong contractor project planning background on major projects, as well as being an advanced user of familiar planning software such as Primavera P6
- Have a strong network of lawyers and solicitors that they are known to and who pass them work
- Have demonstrable skills with regards to business development; able both to pro-actively bring in new clients as well as maximising opportunities with existing clients
- Have strong managerial skills – able to manage cases effectively, delegate work clearly and mentor and develop junior staff
- Candidates should be a member of a relevant engineering or construction industry professional body
- Ideally will have a higher qualification in construction law, such as an MSc in Construction Law
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is one of the fastest growing claims and disputes consultancy practices in the UK.
The also have international offices that are growing fast.
They have been appointed to carry out quantum and delay analysis on behalf of both construction contractor and major international corporate insurance clients within the global construction sector, on major disputes.
They are midway through ambitious growth plans and this is an exciting time to join the business as there are fantastic career opportunities and generous quarterly and annual bonus schemes in place to drive performance and growth.