Construction Manager Expert WitnessRef MAX8898 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary £50k - £65k + Bonus Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 06/03/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
A Construction Manager with exposure to delay analysis within their live project role, is required for a Senior Consultant role within a specialist construction disputes consultancy based in London.
The successful candidate will be passionate about starting a career in construction disputes. You will use your expertise within 2 key areas of the business.
Firstly, assisting the appointed lead expert carrying out delay analysis on disputes that are preparing for arbitration or litigation.
Secondly, you will be used within the businesses project advisory team, which provides high level, strategic advice to clients involved on problematic live projects.
You will be exposed to an exciting variety of projects across all sectors of the construction and engineering industry, including oil and gas, power, energy, rail as well as projects within the built environment. These will range from live projects to projects currently experiencing high level disputes. Including projects where disputes have escalated to arbitration and litigation proceedings.
Responsibilities and Duties
Working with leading industry experts on construction management negligence, project advisory, forensic delay and programming matters.
Specific duties will include:
- Analysing large quantities or data relating to disputes or problematic projects
- Reviewing claims documentation and quickly identifying the key issues relating to the dispute
- Using planning software to analyse programs and project schedules
- Carrying out different forms of delay analysis
- Using MS Excel to analyse, record and rearrange data as required by the lead expert
- Assisting the Partner in reviewing key issues relating to problematic projects and contribute to providing high level strategic advice to clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have experience of working for a professional construction management firm, delivering projects on a construction management contract
- Must have some exposure to planning and scheduling within your role, ideally with experience of carrying out delay analysis and handling claims
- Some knowledge and exposure to the use of planning software’s is required (ideally Primavera P6. However internal training can be provided specifically relating to this.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills with clear report writing skills
- Experience of delivering both pre-construction management services and construction-stage management services
- Must have demonstrable experience of delivering multiple complex projects from pre contract stage through to completion
- All project sectors will be considered
- A degree in civil engineering or construction management or similar equivalent
- Member of a relevant professional body such as the CIOB, ICE or a similar equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of London’s largest and most reputable expert witness consultancies. They have many the industry’s most recognised experts, which attracts work on the most exciting domestic and international disputes.
They have been experiencing continued significant growth and offer fantastic career progression opportunities for professional, ambitious and talented employees passionate to progress their career in expert witness services.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £65k Basic Salary
+ Bonus (10% - 30%)
+ Season Ticket Loan (After successfully passing probation)
+ Annual professional membership fees paid (Up to 2 relevant memberships)
+ 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
+ Flexible working hours between 7am – 7pm (8 hours working day)
+ Private Medical Cover (Self and Family)
+ Life Assurance Cover
+ Support / sponsorship of relevant further education available
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend