Construction careers don't get better than this! Exciting long-term opportunity for Construction Managers with experience in infrastructure design and delivery, particularly tunnelling, looking for a job in Hong Kong. Our client, one of the major Hong Kong contractors, is busy bidding, winning, and delivering major infrastructure projects and looking to appoint an experienced Tunnelling Construction Manager to join the team.
You’ll be based in our client’s Hong Kong office. You will initially provide critical input into major project tenders related to tunnelling and infrastructure projects across Hong Kong then form part of the delivery team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To support and provide input for the win strategy, preparation and submission of selected major bids including TBM tunnels carried out in close collaboration with the technical, planning and estimation teams as well as joint venture partners and third parties where applicable.
- Provide input to the tender win strategy, safe and economical construction operations and maximizing competitiveness and profitability for the company.
- To support and provide input to lead, plan and manage the safe delivery of the project ensuring it is within budget, on time and to the required quality standards.
- Support management of project stakeholder relationships, including supply chain.
- Maintain the company's branding and reputation.
- Support the company in the pursuit of project opportunities including TBM tunnel projects.
- Key member of the bid team, working with internal departments and external resources for the tender preparation and submission to meet the tender conditions and timelines for both the company, joint venture partners and client.
- Assist in identification and implementation of the tender win strategy and the identification of resources both internal and external, in order to develop and submit a competitive tender.
- Coordinate with the bid team to identify key supply chain partners and engage with the supply chain to help identify innovative solutions including new products, methodologies and technologies that may be considered to provide the company with a competitive advantage.
- Provide input to the construction methodology, planning, resourcing; staff, plant & equipment and design as applicable, including value engineering options that can provide a competitive advantage.
- Coordinate engineering and technical aspects of design and construction bids to ensure optimal solutions that meet client requirements.
- Evaluate new products, methodologies, technologies that exist in the market which can provide the company a competitive advantage.
- Provide input and coordinate workshops to identify risks and opportunities and strategies to mitigate and or convert as applicable. Ensure key risks that do not comply with the company requirements are identified early and there is an agreed and approved mitigation management plan in place ahead of submission.
- Coordinate the company requirements for the preparation, approvals and submission of the tender.
- Regularly meet with the bid team, consultants and partners to ensure deliverables are being achieved and to maintain key relationships. Attend client tender briefing meetings and post tender clarifications where required.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities related to the preparation, management and submission of the tender or as designated by the Pre-Contract and Commercial Manager and or Project Director.
- Responsibility to plan and safely deliver the project in accordance with the contract and company objectives.
- To manage appropriate resources people, equipment and supply chain, in order to procure and deliver the project.
- To maintain the health, safety & environmental aspects of the project to contract and company standards.
- To support the relationship with client and other key stakeholders in order to foster a positive image and potential repeat business.
- To support an environment that provides opportunities and enables development, progression and succession of project staff.
- To support and provide input to project plans, budgets, programs, resource requirements and reporting in accordance with the contract and company requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Tunnelling including TBM project experience
- 10 years of relevant working experience in a construction company as a Construction Manager in a pre-contract and project environment.
- Strategic thinking and performance driven. Good leadership and communication skills. Competent in decision making and developing others. Has experience in change management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar
- Member of Professional Association is an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a major Hong Kong civil infrastructure contractor with offices across Asia. They’ve completed numerous civil engineering and building construction projects regionally. They are looking to strengthen their core team in Hong Kong and can offer an exciting and stable construction career path and seeking a long term commitment in return.