Construction ManagerRef MAX8699 Job Posted 11/04/2019 Region Canada Location Toronto, Ontario Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
As Construction Manager you will report directly to the Regional Manager. You must have in-depth knowledge of commercial construction execution, project management, and client management.
As a manager in the building division, you will provide insightful and innovative solutions to ensure the successful execution of various commercial projects.
Examples of projects you will be managing may include education facilities; hospitals and healthcare centres; office buildings; retail outlets and complexes; hotels; recreational facilities and mixed-use facilities. You will also be required to use your managerial skills to operate under various delivery methods including Bid-Build, Design-Build, P3, Construction Management and IPD.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Construction Manager, you will:
- Ensure the successful completion of the project and its profitability; retaining the owner as a continuing client of the company
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy
- Monitor/control construction progress through administrative direction of on-site project personnel to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company's interests and maintains good relationships with client
- Assist with reviews and negotiates contracts; liaising with legal counsel as appropriate in conjunction with the Department Manager
- Develop, recommend and implement the project plan after the project is awarded
- Select subcontractors for projects
- Monitor and control progress, costs and budgets throughout the project
- Advise on project status and results in a timely fashion
- Resolve disputes between the company and owner, or company and subcontractors when possible
- Identify required and optional changes in project scope; negotiate change orders
- Ensure project staff understands the company's operating policies and practices, and apply these policies appropriately
- Hire, coach/mentor and provide direction and review the performance of personnel reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager
- Maintain safety standards in all aspects of each project
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in the construction industry, responsible for commercial projects of $25 million and upwards
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of commercial/civil construction (technology, equipment, materials, negotiation, engineering, estimating, scheduling and safety)
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of project delivery methods, including design build
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- A professional construction qualification is desireable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A top ten Canadian building and civil engineering contractor. Full details will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Competitive salary and annual bonus potential
Comprehensive benefits package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend