A top tier international construction company requires an experienced Contract Manager to join their Hong Kong operations. The company specialises in Façade, Fit Out and Curtain Walling projects and has long history in Hong Kong working on numerous landmark construction projects.
Handling various projects in Hong Kong
Responsibilities and Duties
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate and execute contracts including principle, inter- and sub- contracts.
- Provide appropriate recommendations for mutual agreement with clients
- Act as the primary contact with clients and internal employees on quantity surveying matters.
- Ensure timely review and approval/reconciliation of variations and/or delay notifications.
- Maintain and manage contractual records and documentations.
- Evaluate and monitor compliance and risk of proposed bond and guarantee formats to the Company policy.
- Guide and train new Project Managers, commercial staff and other employees on contract/commercial matters.
- Liaise with Finance Department on budget establishment, revenue recognition, pricing, discounting policies, value management and establishment and reviews.
- Communicate and assist in interpreting signed contracts to all relevant parties.
- Identify and assess risk of signed contracts to the Project Director / Manager and the General Manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Track record of relevant experience working in Quantity Surveying
- Experience in Façade/Fit Out/Curtain Walling projects is an advantage
- Experience handling Project Insurance requirements
- Ability to lead a team and supervise staff
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Professional chartered membership is preferred but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
An International contractor with a strong reputation within Hong Kong and the wider Asia region. Successful candidates joining this company will benefit from excellent long term career development opportunities.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Attractive salary package
- Additional allowances
- Yearly bonus scheme
- In house training and development courses