Contracts Formulation SpecialistRef MAX8672 Job Posted 18/03/2019 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Birmingham Salary Neg Salary + Benefits + Reloc Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A construction contract formation specialist is needed who is shrewd and commercially aware; able to understand the implications of what is written in the contracts they prepare, and good at writing agreements that are clear and can be understood and successfully executed. After a project is awarded, contract professionals know that at the heart of every good project is good contract; it needs to accurately map out project scope, schedule, and terms, helping maintain good customer relationships, balance risk with reward, and enhance results for everyone involved. If you are a high calibre Contract Formulation Specialist, then please read on.
Various major large scale civil engineering infrastructure projects including major rail projects and civil engineering infrastructure including aviation, airport, road, water and power projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Able to work to formulate construction contracts using a variety of standard and bespoke contract forms including EPC, NEC, FIDIC Yellow Book and a variety of bespoke forms of contract.
- Responsible for the supervision of the gathering and compiling of data essential to the formation and administration of contracts.
- Supervise the implementation of contract formation and administration procedures and monitor the completion of administrative tasks and contract performance.
- Conduct investigations and inquiries into specific contract problems and provide assistance in claims research.
- Conduct and chair high level meetings as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- All suitable candidates will be reviewed and considered however it is anticipated that applicants will need to have had around 10-20 years experience in a relevant role to have the commercial, legal and contractual skills that are required.
- Ideal experience will have been obtained from working with international competitiors of this employer or participants on major projects such as Vinci, Fluor, Laing O'Rourke, Kiewit, Crossrail, KBR, Network Rail, BP, Alstom or Jacobs CH2MHill.
- Demonstrable administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable oral and written communication skills.
A strong knowledge of contract types, terms and legal requirements.
- A good knowledge of law, negotiations, accounting and cost engineering gained through hands on experience.
- An engineering or construction related degree is anticipated
- MRICS, MCIOB, ICE, MAPM, PMP, MCIArb or other construction law or arbitration qualification or equivalent is desirable and advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major international construction and EPC organisation operating worldwide. Full details will be given to shortlisted applicants
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A market leading salary package and relocation (if needed) + work visa will be obtained for outstanding candidates as required.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend