A highly experienced Contracts Manager with experience of delivering mega infrastructure projects is required to work for a main contractor based in Qatar. The successful candidate will lead a 35km highways development with associated works just south of Doha. The contract value is worth circa 1.3Bn QAR.
The project is a mega infrastructure project valued at 1.3Bn QAR. The project is largely a 35km highways development with the site office based just south of Doha (Circa 25 min commute from central Doha). The project includes the excavation, removal of existing pavements, relevant signage, installation of street lighting as well as hard & soft landscaping and more.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To head up the contract management for the project
- To lead the implementation, maintenance, audit & improvement of the company's Contract Management System for the project and to ensure that the System is practical, sound and effective.
- To provide advice to the project team on contract management and policy compliance matters.
- To manage all forms of contract: government, international, commercial contracts, joint venture and subcontracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and client requirements.
- To provide expert knowledge and guidance on all contractual matters throughout the construction life cycle from execution and through to post contract stage.
- Provide on-the-job training and constructive feedback to subordinates to support their overall development.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have managed mega infrastructure projects previously in the region of $500m
- Candidates will have considerable experience working for a tier 1 EPC contractor on civils related projects. Large highways schemes would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East region is essential
- Well versed on FIDIC form of contract
- The client is looking for a steady career history with candidates who can demonstrate the ability to see a project through to completion
- Candidates must be Degree qualified or hold an equivalent qualification
- Candidates will ideally be ac member of a professional body such as the RICS or similar equivalent
- Candidates with further qualifications in Construction Law or similar relevant subjects would be an advantage but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading International main contractor with one of the largest order books of work in Qatar at present. They are involved in several of Qatar's signature infrastructure projects at present, offering candidates the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting projects in the Middle East region.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa 60k QAR p/m