Contractual or Commercial Consultant
Responsibilities and Duties
You will work as part of a team reporting to the Senior Contractual / Commercial Consultant delivering commissions for key clients. Your role will be to assist the Senior Consultant whilst taking the lead on particular components of a commission.
- Manage time to full effect, Deliver work within strict timeframes
- Comply with company procedures including weekly reports and updates to the company's internal systems.
- Identify contacts & business networking opportunities
- Work as part of a team delivering commissions for key clients
- Deliver documents formatted for presentation
- Lead a small team in order to meet deadlines
- Give technical advice to junior colleagues
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of managing a small team is desired
- Knowledge in a technical expertise an advantage
- Have a full understanding in the calculation of recoverable costs, particularly in relation to time, prolongation, acceleration and disruption etc
- Be aware of construction claims & how they may arise
- Be able to differentiate between evidence & entitlement – recognise entitle from evidence
- Excellent written and verbal English is essential
- Be able to deliver documents formatted for presentation
- Degree or equivalent relevant to the construction industry
- Working towards or hold a Chartered membership to a professional body such as the MRICS or MCIArb (or similar equivalents).
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is one of the largest international contractual, commercial and forensic planning consultancies in the Middle East region. From the Qatar office the company are performing work in the UK & Europe, The Middle East, North & South America, The Far East & Australia. This is a great opportunity to work for a world leading Multi-Disciplined Organisation who work on a global scale.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Please note that the company can be flexible with working hours offering rotations of 5:1 and 8:2 for candidates who would prefer to work on this basis.
This could be particularly useful for candidates who cannot get children into schools in Qatar but would be prepared to work in Qatar on a rotation basis.