Cost ConsultantRef MAX8609 Job Posted 11/02/2019 Region Europe Location Dublin, Ireland Salary Circa €37.5k - €45k p.a all in Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Quantity Surveyor / Cost Consultant is required to work for a leading Irish based Cost Consultancy working out of their Dublin Head Office.
The successful candidate will work in a supporting role to a Project / Senior QS on large scale projects in the built environment. This could include new build, refurbishment and fit-out projects across a range of sectors including high rise residential, commercial and retail.
The employer is a medium sized consultancy with a personable, collaborative working environment.
The successful candidate will work for a highly reputable employer who carry out some of the most exciting projects in the Irish marketplace. They have a prestigious list of clients that they carry out work with. Many of whom are regular clients.
Projects you will be involved on will typically be multi-million Euro, complex developments that can include new build, Refurbishment and fit-out. They work across a wide range of sectors and often carry out mixed use scheme.
Typical sectors including:
- Hospitality / Leisure
- Public Sector
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work in a role supporting the senior management on day-to-day commercial and contractual tasks for projects. You will be delegated aspects of the project to manage independently and you will gain valuable experience on pre and post contract duties, including but not limited to :
- Preparation of cost plans
- Tender evaluation & assessment
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Preparing and presenting cash flow & cost management advice to clients
- Interpreting and offering advice on contract
- Ensuring contractual notices and client entitlements are properly administered
- Preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
- Measuring & valuing variations
- Agreement of final accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally candidates will come from a PQS background and currently be working at an intermediate level
- Candidates should be able to carry out a wide range of QS duties with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Relevant project experience on projects within the built environment is desired
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly IT literate with experience of using core Microsoft Office programs
- Enthusiastic “Can do” attitude is essential
- Qualified to a Degree level or similar equivalent in a relevant subject is essential
- Candidates will likely be working towards professional membership of the RICS or a similar equivalent professional body
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly reputable, medium sized Consultancy based out of Dublin, Ireland. They have circa 30 staff and are involved on projects in Ireland, UK and Europe. Their approach to work is professional, client-focussed and effective. They invest in their staff and their professional development to ensure they provide the best service to clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa €37.5k - €45k p.a Basic Salary
- Senior Cost Manager Tokyo, Japan - Neg
- Quantity Surveyor Reading, Berkshire - £32k - £45k + Car Allowance + Pension
- Quantity Surveyor Staffordshire, Midlands - £34k - £44k + Car (DOE)
- Quantity Surveyor Leicester, East Midlands - £35k - £45k + benefits
- Cost Consultant, Loan Monitoring Vancouver, British Columbia - Neg
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend