A new Cost Consultant job role with a premium cost consultancy in Toronto, Ontario suitable to ambitious and forward-thinking Quantity Surveyor and Cost Consultant candidates. Ideally candidates will come from a PQS background with previous experience working on building projects.
Applications are welcome from high calibre, experienced quantity surveyor or cost consultant candidates currently in Canada or who have the right to work in Canada. Relevant overseas experience will be considered.
Quantity Surveyor will be producing cost plans from drawings and estimating buildings costs of building projects. Cost Consultant role is to ensure a variety of estimating and cost consulting services are delivered to clients in an efficient and effective manner.
Successful Cost Consultant candidate may work on a number of concurrent projects at different stages of completion, and handle a range of complicated situations to a successful conclusion.
A competitive salary package is on offer commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the key responsibilities and duties of this Cost Consultant / Quantity Surveyor role will include:
- Providing a full range of cost estimating services to new and existing clients
- Prepare estimates at various stages of the design process, from conceptual design to pre-tender stage
- Conduct needs analysis and innovate solutions which meet the client’s unique requirements
- Completion of design efficiency analysis, along with full trade and elemental take-off
- Produce benchmarking reports for construction and development costs
- Pricing of estimates
- Conduct tender analysis and cost reconciliation exercises
- Prepare front-end cost reports to support cost estimates
- Undertaking and completion of periodic site inspections & estimating reports
- Assist in preparation of change order review analysis and lifecycle cost estimates
- Maintain ongoing client communication and resolve issues as required. Escalate issues to the next level of management as required.
- Collaborate with various internal/external partners to obtain the necessary information to prepare proposals/reports
- Liaising with clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- at least 5 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Consultant / Estimator. Ideally from PQS Professional Quantity Surveyor background working in a cost consultancy, private practice or a client
Additional years of experience welcome for the Senior Cost Consultant/ Senior Quantity Surveyor role:
- working knowledge and understanding of Cost Planning and Project Monitoring services
- Intermediate level of understanding of construction estimates
- Understanding of the construction industry – development, contracting & consultant services
- Great team player, with ability to work in a team and with some level of independence
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate excellent planning and organisational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, including Excel
- A BSc in Project Management, Quantity Surveying or other construction related field or equivalent is expected.
- Working towards or willing to start Professional Quantity Surveyor PQS OR MRICS Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is an established independent multi-disciplinary real estate advisory and cost consulting firm. They serve a variety of clients – private developers, lending institutions, government bodies. Primarily they provide cost consulting / quantity surveyor, project and loan monitoring and project management services to maximise the success of their clients’ projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Full Benefits package disclosed to shortlisted applicants