Cost Consultant, Loan Monitoring
A Cost Consultant Quantity Surveyor is required with loan monitoring experience to work in Toronto within the cost and project management team to act as the interface between lenders and developers.
A fantastic Cost Consultant job role for a leading QS/Cost/PM/Loan Monitoring consultancy based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The successful applicant will be working within the Cost Consulting & Project Management division.
Working with the loan monitoring team, the you will review and verify all project-related documentation and contracts, prepare and track all budgets, commitments and costs incurred, and forecast an independent cost-to-complete for the project.
In this role you will be responsible for acting as the independent interface between lenders and developers.
You will also also track the projected revenues, development approvals, compliance documentation, construction contracts and committed revenue, and provide in‐depth monthly reporting on the project until completion and repayment of the mortgage.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Visit construction sites on a monthly basis to review the contractor and subcontractor progress claims
- Deliver pre-development services to establish feasibility of the project and identify any risks
- Provide review of development schedule, such as overall progress of the project and anticipated completion dates to the lender
- Establish and track project budget, along with cost to date and cost to complete
- Develop cash flow projections and summaries
- Confirm borrower’s equity contributions
- Prepare and submit preliminary report to the lender before any loan advances are issued to the borrower
- Review construction contracts and other forms of commitments to minimize any risks of completion of the project
- Provide approvals on insured deposit advances and keeping the insurance lender up to date and provide access to the funds
- Process payment certification under construction contracts in compliance with the Provincial Lien Act
- Negotiate change orders with contractors in accordance to the terms of the agreed contract
- Perform reviews of all material financial project documentation implications
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3 + years of related experience in loan monitoring and project monitoring
- Strong understanding of RICS Project Monitoring guidelines and standards
- Superior communication and time management skills, along with the ability to manage multiple projects at any given time
- Intermediate level of understanding of construction estimates, development schedules
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry - development, contracting & consultant services
- Working knowledge of the CIQS standard method of measurement – elemental/trade
- Strong understanding of standard contract conditions – CCDC
- LEED is an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Civil/Structural Engineering, Building Science or in a related field
- RICS/PQS certification is an asset
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This Canadian employer in Toronto is one of the leading cost and multidisciplinary consultancies.
They offer continuity of work, career progression and good remuneration packages.
Full company profile details will be given to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
To be discussed with the successful applicant.