A new Estimator job opportunity to work for a high calibre cost consultancy with an office in Toronto.
The projects for cost estimation work will include building projects, primarily within residential and commercial sectors.
The client will be particularly interested in Estimator candidates with experience of using CostX software.
This Estimator job is an office-based role to carry out take-offs, bills of quantities, cost plans and tenders for the employer’s client base. The clients project portfolio includes high-profile, complex construction projects from mixed-use, commercial, offices, institutional and residential projects, as well as public projects.
The successful Estimator candidate will be based in the Toronto office.
The office has a collaborative working environment and employers staff are supported with career development, further education, training and professional memberships.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of an Estimator will be to:
- Cost estimating and pricing of projects using a methodology familiar to PQS / cost consultancy experienced Cost Estimators
- Using CostX Software
- Advising clients on budgets and in due course helping them to manage their cost management systems.
- Working within a team of technical advisors and cost estimators
- Commercial management duties
- Working successfully in a team environment
- Understanding and working to manage project risks
- To complete estimating tasks independently
- To provide support and assistance to colleagues, and accounts team in peak periods.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful Estimator Candidate will have:
- Around 2 or more years of previous Cost estimating experience within the construction industry
- Experience with Cost X software
- Previous experience with estimates for building construction projects preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Great enthusiasm towards developing your career
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- Good understanding of the building industry.
- Experienced in the Use of Microsoft Office 360 e.g Word, Outlook & Excel
- Qualification to Degree level in a relevant cost or construction related subject is strongly desirable
- Professional membership of the RICS or a similar equivalent professional body would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This Canadian employer in Toronto is one of the leading cost and multidisciplinary consultancies.
They offer continuity of work, career progression and good remuneration packages.
Full company profile details will be given to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Negotiable Salary dependant based on experience.
- Benefits package disclosed to shortlisted applicants