Cost Manager Director
Cost Manager Director opportunity with a reputable consultancy in Birmingham. The role will involve running your own projects in the education sector and growing and managing a team.
This Director opportunity could be suited to a Project Manager or Quantity Surveyor.
The Cost Manager Director is required to join this consultancy to lead non-housing projects across the Midlands area, as the employer has offices in Leicester and Birmingham.
Education sector experience would be ideal to bring in new clients and build the business. Initially, the Director would act as a Team leader and build their own team, as well as undertake some work themselves.
You will work closely with the Partners of the business. The attractive predisposition to the Director is that long term there is an opportunity to acquire company equity.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Take the management and Cost/Commercial lead on a range of non-housing projects.
- To build and grow their team
- Organising cost plans and tender documents
- To supervise the work of their team
- Act as the principal point of contact with the clients
- Take responsibility for a number of key client accounts and to build relationships with them to ensure satisfaction with the service provided
- Identify areas in which the client accounts can be grown further
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable Director-level candidates will have some solid experience in undertaking or organising cost plans and tender documents.
- Experience in the education sector would be preferred.
- Good leadership skills
- Capable of running multiple projects independently.
- Able to demonstrate a strategic approach and problem-solving skills and capacity.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Chartered Member of the RICS (or equivalent) ideally
- A degree in Cost Management, Quantity Surveying or similar is desirable.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This consultancy is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary design business with a reputation for sustainable and striking design. Their expertise is in the residential, education, commercial, retirement, leisure and mixed-use sectors.
This is an attractive opportunity for the suitable Cost Manager Director candidate, as longer term there is an opportunity to acquire shares and to become a Partner with this leading business.
Full company overview details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary negotiable based on experience.
- Opportunity to acquire equity.
- Discretionary bonus
- Holiday allowance