Responsibilities and Duties
As Cost Manager, you will ensure that client objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost management service. You will be working on exciting projects such as hotels, high end residential, with potential to work on a particularly high end project in Central London, with each apartment predicted to cost around £40m to high net worth individuals.
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
- Carrying out estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan.
- Assisting the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively.
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
- Helping to ensure that final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
- Taking a key role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a similar role for a consultancy on similar experience is essential
- A relevant degree or equivalent is required
- MRICS qualification is desirable to the employer but not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a leading international construction and management consultancy with offices around the globe. They provide Cost Management, Project Management, Management Consultancy and Contract Services to public and private sectors in property, infrastructure and natural resources