A Cost Planner is required to join a Tier 1 contractor near Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. You will be working pre – contract on major projects in the South East region, for a company that operates a current turnover of circa £700m in the region. This is a great opportunity to work for a top company in a pre – contract cost planning role.
You will be working on a variety of major projects across the south east region of the UK.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducting cost planning and estimations on large scale construction projects in the build and civil engineering sectors
- Conduct budgeting, forecasting and planning on cost
- Partnering with clients and consultants at all project stages
- Work using industry standard processes and systems (IT and other) to ensure the effective delivery of projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Shown cost planning / estimating experience on large projects for reputable companies
- Building and / or civil engineering project experience is required
- Consultancy and Contracting backgrounds are considered
- Good technical experience in pre-contract cost management
- Degree in relevant discipline (Quantity Surveying / Construction Management) is desired
- Chartered member of professional body is desired but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a tier 1 contractor with a huge presence in the UK. They are a company that offer competitive salaries with great project exposure on some of the most exciting projects in the UK market.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance, health, pension, and other attractive benefits.