Delay AnalystRef MAX8666 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region Europe Location Paris, France Salary Negotiable Basic Salary + Package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 01/04/2019
Due to organic growth within the business, a French speaking Delay Analyst is required to work for a leading multi-disciplined construction consultancy, working out of their Paris office in France.
This position may suit candidates already working for a specialist disputes consultancy in a day-to-day Delay Analyst role. Alternatively, it could suit candidates currently in a planning role who have had some exposure to delay related claims and disputes work within a main contracting or general consultancy role.
Over the course of a year, candidates will likely get exposure to multiple disputes that could potentially be related to projects across a wide range of industry sectors. Whilst the regional business focusses on projects in the local area, projects can often be further afield.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work as part of a team of staff carrying out detailed forensic analysis of major project delays. You will be required to use critical path methodologies and scheduled analysis combined with detailed project, contract and legal research.
This role is a reasonably junior level role within the team and most of your time will be spent assisting senior members of the team whilst you gain more exposure to the claims process.
Specific duties may include:
- Prepare, update, monitor and audit programmes
- Perform detailed forensic delay analysis (retrospective and prospective) on building, civil engineering and M&E projects using appropriate delay analysis techniques, critical path methodologies and cause and effect analysis
- Draft extension of time claims, assess compensation events and assist in the preparation of expert reports
- Support the delivery of commissions in line with client briefs
- Actively contribute to the development and delivery of a full range of claims services across a wide client base.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must be fluent in French
- Candidates must have some knowledge and experience of performing Critical Path Analysis
- Candidates will likely come from a Planning or Engineering background
- Candidates will likely have some site based experience
- Previous exposure to delay related claims and disputes tasks
- Experienced user of common Planning software’s such as ASTA, Primavera, MS Project etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A relevant Degree or similar equivalent qualification is desired
- Any further qualification relating to Construction Law or similar would be advantageous, as would any relevant professional memberships
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a global multi-disciplined construction consultancy with multiple regional offices throughout the UK as well as numerous overseas offices. The business carries out a range of consultancy services, however they are arguably most widely recognised for providing claims and disputes related services, including expert witness work.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Negotiable Basic Salary
Note: This is not an expat role, therefore, candidates will be required to finance their accommodation and living costs out of their salary
- Delay Analyst Munich, Germany - Negotiable Basic Salary + Package
- Delay Analyst Goes, The Netherlands - Negotiable Basic Salary + Package
- Associate - Delay Analyst London - £50k - £57.5k
- Delay Analyst Warrington, Cheshire - Circa £55k - £75k (DOE)
- Delay Expert Warrington, Cheshire - Negotiable Salary & Package + Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend