Delay ExpertRef MAX8894 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location London Salary £90k - £130k + Benefits Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 30/03/2020 Status Filled: Apply to be considered for other jobs like this
A specialist construction claims and disputes consultancy are seeking to hire a Delay Expert to act as a Director and to be based out of their London office.
This is an exciting role, for an experience claims and disputes professional with experience of testifying as a Delay Expert on construction disputes. The role will involve a combination of hands on expert work, business development, managing teams and being involved in the strategic decision-making process within the business.
The hiring company offer their services to a global client base. Therefore, disputes that you may be involved on will likely be a combination of domestic and international cases.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Director you will report directly into the Managing Director of the business and work closely with them to manage the resources within the business to cope with a growing demand for their services. You will also be expected to be heavily involved in the development of the business and strive to achieve their ambitious growth plans.
As well as this, you will be used as an expert on multiple cases and manage a team of junior staff to assist with the delay and quantum (if applicable) analysis relating to each claim.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Will have worked for a specialist construction claims and / or disputes consultancy previously
- Have testified as a Delay expert on one or more occasion
- Have a strong project planning background on major projects, as well as being an advanced user of familiar planning software’s such as Primavera P6
- Have strong network of lawyers and solicitors that they are known to
- Have demonstrable skills with regards to business development. Both pro-actively bringing in new clients as well as maximising opportunities with existing clients
- Strong managerial skills – The ability to manage cases effectively, delegate work clearly and mentor and develop junior staff
- Candidates should be a member of a relevant professional body
- Ideally will have a higher qualification in construction law, such as an MSc
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the fastest growing claims and disputes consultancies in the UK. Now with 60 staff split between their UK offices. They are appointed to carry out quantum and delay analysis on behalf clients within the global construction sector, on major claims and disputes.
They are currently midway through an ambitious growth plans and this is an exciting time to join the business with fantastic career opportunities due to growth.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £90k - £130k
- Generous Bonus Scheme
- Managing Consultant - Delay Expert Witness London - £80k - £110k (DOE)
- Director - Expert Forensic Delay Doha, Qatar - Highly Neg
- Forensic Delay Planning Lead Rail Systems Integration Sydney, Australia - AUD 150K-200K/yr
- Director Expert Forensic Delay Abu Dhabi, UAE - Highly Negotiable
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend