Deputy Project ManagerRef MAX9167 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Lantau, Hong Kong Salary HK$120-HK$160K / m Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 13/06/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
One of a number of top construction contractor jobs we are recruiting for, this is an excellent opportunity for a talented Deputy Project Manager with airports experience to join a top tier international civils contractor on the new Hong Kong Airport project.
You will be stationed on the Hong Kong Airport project helping to deliver this challenging civils project involving runways, taxi ways and aprons.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to the Project Manager, you will assist with driving the successful and safe execution of this challenging civils infrastructure project .
- Supervise and manage a technical and commercial project team
- Develop and implement project management structure and plan, cost plan.
- Monitor the performance of the design team and consultants.
- Tender evaluation and recommendation preparation when appointing sub contractors.
- Monitor and report project progression, as well as resolve planning and technical issues.
- General supervision of all H&S, quality control and construction activities on site
- Identify risk and develop strategies for mitigating actions
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Min 20 years relevant experience in major civil infrastructure projects including airports
- Proactive and logical thinker and team leader within a multi-lingual project team with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently, mature with good problem-solving skills.
- Ideally a Permanent HKID holder
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Relevant working experience in Asia.
- Working experience of international conditions of contracts.
- Familiar with Hong Kong Building Department procedures & requirements and with hands-on experience in Hong Kong Building projects or Civil projects;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Degree in Building Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- Member of HKIE, ICE or other recognized professional bodies highly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a Japanese civil construction company providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction and engineering industry in Hong Kong and throughout Asia. They are seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been requested to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity. Construction careers don't get any better than this!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary package and benefits available for the successful candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend