An experienced Design Co-ordinator / Design Manager is required to work for a Regional Contractor based out of Lincoln. The successful candidate will work on a wide range of projects in the built environment, ranging between £1m - £20m in value. The clients office is located just off the A46 making this a convenient location to commute to.
The employer has a variety of reputable clients across range of sectors in construction, including:
- Affordable Housing
Typical project values will range from £1m - £20m.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Design Co-ordinator / Design Manager, you will work as part of a team of 6 staff in the Design team. There are currently 2 senior members of staff and 3 trainees. the purpose of this role is to become the 3rd senior member of staff in the Design team and manage and mentor one of the trainee design co-ordinators.
You will typically be responsible for handling up to 4 projects at any one time. You will manage the design process, ensuring compliance and maximising value engineering opportunities at both tender and construction phases.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a Design Co-ordinator / Design Manager is essential
- You will take a keen interest and follow latest developments in relation to regulations and new technologies in construction
- Must have experience of working in a design role on projects in excess of £1m as a minimum
- Experience of managing / mentoring junior members of a Design team would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of SAP and BREEAM would be advantageous
- A formal qualification such as a HND or BSc in a relevant subject is desired, but not essential for candidates with the relevant experience
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are an established Contractor with a presence spanning Yorkshire, The Midlands and East Anglia. As a business they can deliver services on new build, refurbishment and maintenance projects. Their turnover this year is £120m and they have a strong client base of reputable clients and deliver projects over a wide range of sectors in the built environment. The business places a strong emphasis on offering a great service to its clients and a large percentage of their work is repeat business which is a philosophy that new employees will need to share.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £35k - £45k
+ Profit related bonus
+ Group Pension scheme
+ Employee Share scheme
+ Other benefits