Design Engineering ManagerRef MAX8965 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong Salary HK$75K- HK$100K Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 29/09/2020 Status Live
Near the top of the list of construction contractor jobs, this is an excellent opportunity for a talented Design Engineering Manager with experience in major structural steelworks to work on major projects in Hong Kong. One of Asia's leading construction contractors requires a talented and experienced Design Engineering Manager to work on major design and construct projects in Hong Kong. You will have demonstrable experience in complicated structural steelwork and complex temporary works.
Large scale buildings projects in Hong Kong
Responsibilities and Duties
- Devising innovative alternative designs;
- Providing detailed designs for design and construct works;
- Providing effective and efficient temporary works solutions;
- Overseeing progress and commercial issues of the design teams, including but not limited to providing technical support and giving directions to the design team;
- Leading in technical aspects of buildability studies;
- Liaising with different stakeholders in relation to technical and design issues, including Buildings Department, Clients, Consultants and operation team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Over 15 years' experience with proven track record of experience in heavy structural steel projects, steel-framed buildings in particular;
- Familiar with Building Ordinance and in particular those Regulations and relevant codes of practice pertinent to the design and supervision of structural works;
- Proven track record of design management of major projects;
Good command in Chinese and English.
- Degree in Civil and Structural Engineering or equivalent;
- MHKIE or MIStructE is a must;
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a civil construction, engineering and property development business providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction and property industry in Hong Kong and throughout Asia.
From an extensive in country local knowledge and an unwavering focus to deliver on its promises to achieve the best outcomes in safety, cost, quality and time, the group has responsibly diversified to provide civil and build construction services for both stand alone and large scale integrated construction projects, M&E and fit out.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel!
Career development resources, initiatives and tools are provided each step of the way to achieve these desired outcomes. The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region.
Maxim has been requested to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity. Construction careers dont get any better than this!
- Engineering Design Manager Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong - 60K - 100K HK$ / m
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend