New Development Manager role with a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying Practice based in Nottingham.
As the Development Manager you will be working and reporting to the Director of Strategic growth to assist with multiple projects from a portfolio that could be new build or refurbishment of affordable housing, social housing, retirement apartments, healthcare or student accommodation projects.
Successful Development Manager candidate will be based at the office in Nottingham, with flexibility to work from home.
Development Manager job role is to work closely with the Director of Strategic Growth who is responsible for the delivery of employer’s large programmes and the overall innovation of the services to drive new business and build on strong existing relations with their clients.
Most projects are long term client work, either negotiated or won as a part of a services framework. Significant work is repeat business from clients such as housing associations, developers or relate to insurance work which is ongoing and expanding in scope.
Many clients are key accounts that require high levels of service to maintain and expand services provided. Work can include both new build construction and refurbishment works.
A combination of office-based work and home working can be agreed to meet the new employee's needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the Development Manager job duties will be to:
- Work with the Director of Strategic Growth to deliver development programmes across multiple sites to meet employers’ business plan and client’s requirements
- Work with the Director of Strategic Growth and in close liaison with New Business, Sales Team, and Housing Management to progress Development opportunities from inception to completion
- Liaise closely with Project Managers to ensure take up of schemes from New Business to enable schemes to progress in line with project budgets and ensure that these remain within approved parameters
- Responsibility for maintaining and developing the relationships with our clients and all associated administration. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Growth
- Lead by example to manage and influence colleagues’ performance to ensure that expectations are clear. Poor, and mediocre performance is tackled, and strong performance is recognised
- To ensure that all developments comply with the audit and other requirements of funders, including auditors, clients and internal management systems
- To ensure all developments meet the required quality standards and that any consultants appointed when the scheme is within the delivery phase provide the required level of service and are appointed in-line with the Clients procurement requirements
- To lead on communication with relevant internal services areas involved in the development process, such as Housing Management, Property Services, Sales and Aftercare teams to ensure effective overall management and delivery of schemes and associated information is provided
- To support and contribute to the review and formulation of key development policies and documents, such as the Consultants Brief, Development procedures, Development Strategy etc
- Drive the quality and effectiveness of data stores with the ability to manipulate this into bespoke client outputs
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to maintain aa high level of written and verbal communication externally with clients, and internally with colleagues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and managerial skills
- High levels of attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Skilled negotiator
- Ability to work with multiple clients and adhere to their policies and procedures
- Sound IT skills
Valid UK Driving Licence and own car
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, accounting, finance, business management, business administration or another related field.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy working on projects across England, with a focus on the Midlands, Home Counties and South of England. Operating in counties including Leicestershire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Kent, they are growing fast and have a full order book of social housing, housing, student accommodation, healthcare and other building related work to undertake for clients for years to come.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency, and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development and the payment of professional fees. They encourage and facilitate strong working and social relationships across the company. Maxim Recruitment is proud to have worked with this company for many years and recommend them highly. Full company overview details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary with regular reviews
- Car Allowance
- Professional membership fees paid
- Discretionary bonus
- 26 days annual leave (increasing with time served)
- Potential for hybrid working (up to 2 days per week WFH)
- In house and external training and support